Thank You, Wild Rose Press!

Today is the official release date of Le Chevalier and I want to express my gratitude to everyone at The Wild Rose Press and especially to my editor, Corinne.

I chose TWRP because they publish in my genre - American Historicals. They also have a line of books specifically designed to showcase military heroes. That made it a little easier for me to write for them because I don’t write the traditional American historical such as the western romance or stories about settling the Dakotas. For me, there is nothing more appealing than a man who is willing to give his life for his country and my family. Le Chevalier was published under the American Rose line.

After accepting my manuscript, my editor at The Wild Rose Press worked with me every step of the way to take Le Chevalier from the initial finely polished (in my opinion) manuscript to a much more finely polished form ready for publication. To give you a clue how much work that was, it took me longer to make the edits than it did to write the initial submission. Evidently, I have a bad habit of using too many adverbs.

I’m not sure if it was by luck or grand design, but I also happened to get an editor who majored in French. I suppose I speak as much French as the average American – which is next to nothing. When I needed my hero, le Chevalier de Mont Trignon, to say something in French, I used Google Translator. (For the curious, the name Mont Trignon gave his “cousin” was supposed to be a joke. I hope it translated correctly!)  

Thanks, Corinne, for all your corrections of my tenses! And thank you for sticking with it and seeing what Le Chevalier could become. I have become an infinitely better writer with your help.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment