A Word of Tribute for the Lesser-Known Heroes of the Revolution

Did you know there were fifty-six signers of the Declaration of Independence?  Most of us recognize the big names like John Hancock (literally big in his case), Benjamin Franklin and John Adams, but even with my study of history, I don’t recognize the vast majority of them.

When I read books on American history, it’s the stories of the lesser known heroes that fascinate me more than the big names. These men (and women, although their stories are less well-known) had just as much to lose and were, at least in aggregate, crucial in this country’s founding.

My characters are often like these men. They won’t be the ones written about in the history books, but they do their part to further the cause. In my own way, I try to pay tribute the common man and woman to whom I am profoundly grateful for making it possible to live in the freest country on the face of this earth.

Now for a little bit of shameless self-promotion. The official release date of Le Chevalier is two days away although it’s been available on Amazon since June 12. (Not that I am complaining!) Don’t let the French title fool you. This story is set during the American Revolution, and I couldn’t be more pleased with a release date so close to such an awe-inspiring holiday.

Happy Fourth of July!

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment