Let's Go to the Hop!


Let’s go to the hop, oh baby! Let’s go to the hop!


Those of you who are humming along with me are showing your age. (As am I. J) Granted, by the time I was in high school, I had to get mypoodle skirt out of my Mom’s closet, but I'll bet my kids don't even know what a sock hop is.
Poodle skirt
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
The term is so outdated, I couldn't even find it referenced in Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons. I did however find an image of a poddle skirt, so I can clear that one up just in case for the younger set whi might be wondering.  
 
However, in this post, I’m not talking about a sock hop, but a blog hop, and if you’re a romance novelist, I could use your help.

I’ve been blogging for years (business topics), but this one was new to me. Maybe it’s a novelist thing.

Still, it sounded like fun when good friend and fellow novelist, Maddy Barone, tapped me to write a post for The Next Big Thing blog hop. We’ll all be answering the same ten questions about one of our works.

What is the working title of your book?

Where did the idea come from for the book?

What genre does your book fall under?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

What else about your book might interest the reader?

I’m also supposed to tap four more friends to write their own post which I will then reference in my post. The problem is, I can’t think of four more novelist friends who aren’t already involved. I really must widen my circles!

If you’d like to participate, create your Next Big Thing post and then add a link to it in the comments. I’m looking forward to making some new friends!

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment