Is It Good or Is It Bad?

There’s an old Chinese proverb about a man whose horse runs away. I don’t recall the details, but throughout the story, terrible things befall the man that end up being for the best in the end.

That is the story of my life.

My most recent blessing is a bout with insomnia that hits at least four or five nights a week. Nothing major going on with me or my life. I think it’s just that I’m reaching that age, if you know what I mean.

I finally decided to stop lying in bed, fighting to get back to sleep. Since that’s usually pointless, I might as well get up and do something. Laundry would be a good use of time, but alas, my washing machine broke this week, and I’m waiting for a part.

That leaves writing. It’s probably a better use of time that laundry anyway. During the last few couple of months I’ve managed to put in lots of extra billable hours (my freelance business writing pays the bills), recharge my blog so that I’m averaging over 200 hits a day, submit a novel that’s been two years in the making to my publisher, and make a significant dent in book #4.

Who knows? If I keep having problems sleeping, I may get this fourth novel out in less than a year. One can only hope!


MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment