New Excerpt from Cupid's Arrow

“You think you’re something special, don’t you, Princess? Your brother seems to think awfully highly of you. To me and the boys here, you’re simply a sack of gold.”
Christiana recoiled as though she had been slapped, and a momentary
twinge of guilt twisted Neil's gut. He set it aside. Madame Saint Ange
needed to understand her position on his ship.
“With the kind of money I’m getting from this commission, I could buy a hundred women like you.”
Christiana’s eyes glittered, and she opened her mouth to say something, but Neil stopped her with his words.
“No, scrap that. I don’t think I would buy a hundred women like you. The women I bought would have some meat on their bones, brains in their head, and a civil tongue in their mouths. It’s what all men want, my men included, so don’t think you’re in any danger on my ship. We’ve only been at sea for three months, and we aren’t that desperate. You leave my men alone, and they’ll leave you alone.”
Christiana closed her mouth, but her eyes were like chips of ice.
“Do we have a deal?”
She tipped her chin in the air. “Oui.”
Neil turned to go.
“But, Capitaine...” Christiana’s velvet tone stopped him in his tracks.
He turned toward her, eyes narrowed. “Yes?”
“Although I will leave your men alone, I may well kill you before this voyage is through.”
Neil spun on his heel and headed toward his cabin. He’d be damned if he didn’t believe her.

Available February 12, 2016:
Amazon
The Wild Rose Press
Barnes and Noble
iBooks



No comments:

Post a Comment