Review: I Hated You First

Title: I Hated You First

Author: Rachel John

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Sub-genre: New Adult; Young Adult (twenty-something)

Heat level: Sweet

Links: Amazon, BookBub

This is the first book I’ve read by Rachel John, but I will be reading more of her work. If you like the enemies to lovers trope, but in a sweet romance, then I suspect you will like I Hated You First. 

I thought Lauren and Clay were both charming characters and not the usual stereotypes. Lauren’s definitely not the girlie-girl you find as the heroine in so many romances. Other than her 15-min mile run pace (I can so relate) she’s as tough as any of the guys she works with. In fact, there are definitely times when Clay comes off as the more emotionally mature one.

The secondary characters played very strong roles in the story. Clay and Lauren’s relationship is complicated enough, but it’s made even more so by about the sweetest dysfunctional family in literature. I know her roommate Jenny’s story is next, and I’m looking forward to that, but I really hope that Parker finds his soulmate soon, too. There’s someone for everyone, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment