Excerpt from Caution to the Wind

Amanda pasted a smile on her lips and whirled around to face him. “I am a member of your crew,
Caution to the Wind
aren’t I?” The question sounded more direct than she had intended. Backing a wolf into a corner might not be such a wise thing to do, but desperation had driven her
to the point of recklessness.

“I thought you would be leaving with your father now that you know he is alive. I thought he would insist on it. I would, if I were him.”

“He thinks you’re an honorable man.” Amanda lifted her chin.

“And you? What do you think?” Will’s question held a note of uncertainty.

“I think you are as well,” she took a deep breath to steady her resolve, “but I’d really rather you weren’t.”

Amanda waited for his reaction, glad his quarters were lit only by weak shafts of moonlight through the high windows. She hated to think he might witness the desperation she knew to be written on her face. She could hear the despised emotion in her own voice. She threw back her shoulders and stuck out her chin. She would need courage to carry out her plan.

Readers can also download the first chapter here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment