On a (Blog) Roll

I’m easing back into my regular schedule after a week’s vacation by taking care of an administrative task that I should have done a long time ago – updating my blog roll!

I’ve added a few of the blogs that I’ve found helpful as I do research for my novels. Since my focus is on the period surrounding the American Revolution, most of the blogs I read have to do with either the Revolution or 18th Century America. A few, such as the Duchess of Devonshire’s Gossip Guide to the 18th Century and History Hoydens are just plain fun to read.

So far, my favorite is Two Nerdy History Girls. While their posts seem to focus more on the 19th century, you just gotta love nerdy history girls who also write romance novels.

I’d love to find more blogs that focus on 18th century American history from a non-military aspect. While the war sets the stage for my novels, my stories aren’t about the war itself. Although my heroes and heroines all play a part and their lives are affected (how could they not be?), I want to dig deeper into the everyday lives of those who lived during the founding of our country.  

If you know of a good blog focused on 18th century America, military history or just everyday life, let me know!

MJ

P.S. A quick plea to bloggers. Please, give me a way to subscribe to your blog via email. I subscribe to dozens of sites, and as much as I’d love to come back every day to see what you’ve written, I’ll never find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment