Review: McCormick's Prayer


Amazon link
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Heat Level: Steamy (Some sex scenes, but fairly traditional.)

I love novellas because I can read them in one sitting, a tall latte in hand, cats purring in my lap. For a couple of hours, they transport me to another place and time, providing a much-needed respite from my hectic life. So, when The Wild Rose Press asked if I would like to review McCormick’s Prayer, I jumped at the chance. At just under two hours, it’s the perfect length, and it is a ghost story/romance to boot!

The characters were very likable, especially the hunky, laird of the castle – Drake McCormick. This ghost also has a sidekick, Collin, a young boy who died trying to save McCormick from a fire that claimed his castle some few hundred years earlier.
Mary Beth is the American woman vacationing in Scotland who has that special something that allows her to see McCormick and Collin when no one else can. There is a definite chemistry between Drake and Mary Beth, and Collin adds a lot of warmth to the story.

The only drawback, for me, was the reader. The author chose a Scottish reader (I think he’s Scottish anyway), presumably thinking the accent would lend something to the story. At times it does, but he has the unfortunate tendency to end nearly every sentence on the same note. His voice is clear and understandable though, so if you love a good brogue, this one may be for you. (If not, McCormick’s Prayer is also available on Kindle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment