Review: Best Kind of Broken


Chelsea Fine
4 stars
Genre: romance
Subgenres: YA, contemporary

This was the second book in my foray into the YA romance subgenre. This one was rather sweet
Amazon Link
(though not a “clean romance”) and had far less of the crudeness about it than the last YA novel I tried.

*** While this novel has a Christianesque title, it is not an inspiration romance. Thought I should mention that since I review so many in that genre! ***

The only downside to this one for me is that the author dragged out the reason behind the conflict between the two main characters just a bit too long, IMO, and the conflict itself was a pretty standard stuff. (Not enough to be cliché, but certainly done before.)

That said, I really liked the characters. The older people in the story were a little more cardboard, but the main characters and their friends felt real. (That’s probably the way the average YA sees the world, I suppose!) I enjoyed this one enough to add the sequel to my TBR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment