Review: Forget You Ethan


Forget You Ethan
by Whitney G.
4 stars
Genre: Romance
Subgenres: YA, Contemporary

In an effort to broaden my reading repertoire, I decided to check out a couple of YA romances. It’s
Amazon Link
been quite some time since I’ve been a YA, and I don't know that I've ever actually read a YA romance (fantasy, yes) so I didn’t know exactly what to expect. I have a couple of kids in that range, but it’s not like they ever tell me anything – at least not in the same way they tell their friends.

I loved the title for this one and the enemies to lovers can be an excellent trope. All in all, I found Forget You Ethan to be quite charming, in a weirdly alien way. Like I said, it’s been a while since I was a YA, and the world these characters inhabited was not the one I grew up in.

The one caution I would give is that the language can be quite explicit. It’s so much so that I might suspect the author is a man going by the pen name Whitney G. But then, my daughter assures me she hears that and worse at school every day. <heavy sigh>

Nevertheless, the love story is really sweet, and the language isn’t swearing so much as it is biological slang. If you can handle that, this is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment